Hurricane Ike!!!!

Sunday, hurricane Ike came through the Cincinnati area. All we got was 70+mph winds for 5 hours and no rain. We lost power around 2:30pm and we are still waiting for power. I am at my daughters home taking advantage that she has her electric back already. A shower felt wonderful! The energy company is trying its best but with 700,000 homes and businesses went down on Sunday it will take them up to a week to fix things. They put police, fire, hospitals and rest homes up and running first. So homes around these places are reaping the benefits. Schools are next. However, as I sit here this Tuesday evening, I think we will be off again tomorrow. The good news about this inconveince is that I set up my easel outside and have finished the painting that I have been working on. I will post it as soon as I get my own computer up and running. Until then we will keep camping out in our home and enjoy the beautiful weather that Ike brought. Gaylynn

Comments