Back to High School

Today I was invited up to our high school to speak to the advance art class about watercolor. The students wanted to know how to correct some of their paintings. Like all beginners to watercolor they are impatient to get the painting done. I showed them how to pull the paint off and talked about how they had to be careful not to create blossoms or streaks. I brought along a painting that I was about to begin to work on. I showed my preliminary drawing and talked about how watercolor is painted light to dark thus leaving the white of the paper. How I was laying a yellow wash to help give the object a glow when I begin to put down the color. I hope I was helpful to them. However, like most teenagers they were ready to move on to the next project. :-) Gaylynn

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great thing to be able to do - I'm sure they enjoyed the experience. I'm teaching a class of middle to high schoolers now and they are so receptive, ask tons of questions and really want to do a good job - it's a great feeling, isn't it! Keep up the great work. Perhaps I'll see you at Viewpoint tonight?
Gaylynn said…
Sorry, I did not make it to Viewpoint. I was with my husband at the Alan Jackson concert. I hope you had as much fun at the exhibition as I did at the concert. I would love to hear all about it.