Two Weeks to Legendary Art Show

Today I went with my interns to our local Special Olympics. It started out cold and then the sun came out and shined on the athletes. I was very proud of my group for coming, trying their hardest and achieving their medals that they took home. It was a great time. On May 17th, the local painting group that I paint with is having a show at the pool clubhouse in the Legendary sub division that we all live near. It is a one day show featuring me and six other artist (listed on the left). I invite everyone to join us for an afternoon of art and refreshments. This show is in its 3rd year, but the first time that I will participate in a show of any kind. I am excited and nervous. I have, also, been polling some of my art buddies near and far for tips. Tips like what do I need to take for the show (beside the obvious). My blog pal, Deb Ward, gave me some great tips on being prepared with business cards (which I have), bio and artist statements if someone might be interested, note cards and matted pieces in sleeves so I have a range of prices. Unfortunately, the latter two I do not have, but I will make note to achieve these items for next year. If anyone else has tips they would like to pass along please click on comment and let me know. Gaylynn

Comments