Yard Sale Finds

I went to the little church that my painting group, The Legendary Artists Group, paint at on every other Thursday mornings. On Saturday, the church had a yard sale and I got a GREAT deal on two pieces. I took my mother-in-law because she had seen the sale on her way to visit. I was not expecting to find anything. I did not even get my purse out of the truck. I did not even have any cash on me. Yet, I was lucky enough to find a small, 26 " x 38", antique table with one small drawer. This table is perfect to hold my palettes, brushes and water container next to my easel. I cannot begin to describe how happy I am to have a table to hold all my equipment on one space. I also picked up a wood drafting table, 36" x 42". The top is so much bigger than the small laminate one that I had picked up at another yard sale a few years back (thanks Lora). I am thinking I will use the new one for another painting space because I could tape the paper right to it. I think I will keep the small one for drawing (unless I do another 16" x 20" or larger). Thanks to my daughter, who also came along, because she loaned her mother the cash. :-) Have you ever stumbled on to something that just fits your studio or found tools that you use in your art that have become your favorite? It just makes you happy when you use them. Leave a comment and tell me about it. Gaylynn

Comments