Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pumpkins Update

8 x 11

I have finished the pumpkins above. They were harder then I expected them to be. However, not so hard that I won't try the subject again. I enjoyed creating the crags and shadows, as well as, the wood of the table.  I added gauche to the painting because I could not get the yellow orange that I wanted. I will set this aside and see if I still like next week.



debwardart said...

They look very realistic! I think orange is a harsh color, hard to get the way you want it. Very good job.

Gaylynn said...

Thanks for you input Deb. I have to stop or it will become muddied (or more so). But, I won't let that stop me from doing pumpkins again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails