Closing

I received a letter from the owner of the gallery in our little town. The letter stated that with the economy being slow he will be closing the gallery at the end of the month.

I have to say that I wasn't surprised, yet none the less, I was saddened to have to go today to pick up my paintings. This gallery was not prestigious like the ones downtown Cincinnati. This gallery showcased the work from local artists. It gave us a place to show our stuff and be affiliated with the village, its activities and other artists.   The owner, Paul, is a CPA and the gallery was a way for him to have a beautiful "office" for his clients when they came to see him.

Paul always opened the gallery for village events and encouraged several artists to work on site to show off their wares during these events. The gallery may not have made him money, but he truly enjoyed meeting and learning about the artists that he invited to display their artwork.

I will miss my work being shown at the Front Street Gallery, but most of all I will miss all that Paul did for us.

Paul won't be far away. He is only changing his business to another property in the village. I wish him well and thank him for support the arts.

Gaylynn

Comments

What a loss. There are a number of galleries struggling these days. It sounds like this one will truly be a loss to the community. I'm sure a lot of people be saddened by this closing.
debwardart said…
It's the way of the world right now, and it is sad.