Legendary Art Show Post Script

Whew! I am just now catching my breath! All weekend was the Art Show and it is the final week for school. Tomorrow is the last day for students with a work day on Friday.
Let The Summer Begin!

The weekend show was a lot of fun. We set up for the show Saturday morning then came back for the opening in the evening. This was the first time we had an opening and then the next day. In the past it has been Sunday only. I think that it worked because we had people come through the opening evening that had never been to the show before. Truly a positive.

Above is how my area looked with all my paintings.





  It was not only a beautiful evening weather wise...but, I was surprised and touched by my first student showing up. Lora no longer lives in my area, this is why I was so excited that she came to support me and my friends. My friends Kelly and her family, Diane, Denise and Katie also came on the opening evening.


Sunday was just as fun and full of surprises. Behind the  Foster Grants, is my friend Deb Ward (and Raquel's twin sister ;-) who came to see the show. I am truly appreciative because she and her husband traveled an hour to get there. Long story short, we met at a show because I recognized her (and her paintings) from her blog   ( http://debwardart.blogspot.com ) and introduced myself. You never know who reads your blog and views your work :-)

My parents came down from Farmersville and my friends Cindy, Lisa and her son, Cade stopped by. My daughter Erin came up from Kentucky.  My husband (daughter and parents) helped me when it was time to tear down the show.





To the right is my dad checking out my portfolio.


I can not express the joy I feel from the support of my family, friends and the fellow artists that was apart of this event.

Dodie Loewe   http://www.dodieloewe.com/
Sharon Leonard                         Jim Woods
Angie Dressie                            Jim Hands
Sandy Olukalns                          Dave Ross
Carolyn Bledsoe                        Stan Thompson

I look forward to next May when we do it all over again.

Truly grateful,
Gaylynn

Comments

debwardart said…
Tell your daughter thanks for a photo wherein I'm actually smiling and don't look like a total dork!!