Thursday, July 15, 2010

WIP Feeding horses














This is as far as I have gotten on this painting. In the last post about this painting, I asked for suggestions on how to do the gravel and hay. My good friend Deb Ward ( http://debwardart.blogspot.com/) suggested that on the gravel I splatter and for the hay I build layers by using masking fluid. I failed miserably on both.

I tried the splatter and I did not get the effect I wanted so I scrubbed it off. I then tried salt. Nothing. I even used kosher salt so it would be large blots left. So I will probably go back to the splatter, but use gauche or liquid acrylics to achieve the look.

As for the hay, I could not get fine lines with my masking fluid. I suppose I need to look into getting a masquepen to get the fine lines I need.

I am still liking the painting. I like the how horses and the girl are shaping up. But, as my fellow GCWS and blogger pal Rhonda (http://www.rhcarpenter.blogspot.com/) stated in her blog, I am starting to get too tight with my painting. I have given myself an finish date as a week from today. This will either frustrate me or push me to let it flow. We shall see.

Gaylynn

2 comments:

debwardart said...

Sorry my suggestions didn't work; just hope the painting is OK. But you never know until you try! Sometimes we work better under pressure - good luck!

Gaylynn said...

Thanks, Deb. The painting is ok. I do not think I had enough color down to create with the salt or maybe i had too much salt. However,so far, the painting is working. I am more concerned that I am over working the hay. I have to work the next few days. I will get a post off before vacation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails