WIP: Troublesome Pebble


I have begun this piece of a little girl trying to get a pebble out of her sandal. I was drawn to her bright print on her dress. So that is where I have started the painting.

Jumping into on specific area without laying a wash of color everywhere else is not my usual pattern of beginning a painting. I usually place a light wash filling in the painting like a coloring book. Then I begin the background and move forward.  I only laid it in a few areas to frame the girl while I work on her.This is because the background is so dark and I do not want it to touch her until she is done. So in this piece I will work on her, then the fore ground and then the area behind her last. At least that is the plan. I am going to try very hard not to get ahead of myself. ;-)

Gaylynn

Comments