Veteran's Day Salute/WIP


It is Veteran's Day and I want to thank all who have served in the armed services past and present. Especially, my father, Norm Leist, who served 30 years in the Navy and our family friend, Paul Brondhaver, who served in Operation Iraqui Freedom and obtained a purple heart.They are very special men in my families lives.

Because of our nation honoring our Veteran's I was able to have the day off. Therefore, I had some studio time and worked on my pooches. I think the dark dog is coming along. I have been using my rigger brush to place the lines and texture of the fur. Because he is so dark, I find myself treating my strokes like sculpting to create his beautiful face.

Gaylynn

Comments

RH Carpenter said…
This is coming along beautifully!
This painting is really coming together, it's looking great.
Gaylynn said…
Thanks Rhonda and Nancy. So far I am over the hump of not liking it to having fun.