Overview of Destination Artist Weekend

Destination Artist Weekend turned out to be a beautiful weekend weather wise. The sun came out and melted a lot of the snow and made walking around the village of New Richmond nice.

The event had a fair amount of patrons going in and out of the shops. I enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Front Street Cafe with my girlfriends. We then walked around and enjoyed the art.

My paintings were in Passage Books. They were in the company of three photo artists and my friend Beth Zimbrodt of Twisted Brush.

"If you can hold a paint brush in one hand and a wine glass in the other – you can paint!

Come for the fun of it - leave with a 16 X 20 masterpiece of your own."




Beth gave an acrylic painting class, as well as, showed her work. The group in the picture painted a barn scene collectively. I watched a small group paint two bud vases with a flower in each. This is a great way to have fun with a group of friends, co-workers or any event and create your own piece of art.


I do have a "sad to me" story....my framer decided to close shop. If any of you have a close re-pore with your framer then you understand my heavy sigh. I was disheartened when I saw her sign outside her shop proclaiming that she was going out of business.  Diane is not only my framer, but a friend. Our youngest children were in class together through out their elementary years. Our daughters played soccer together. So when she opened her business six years ago, I was one of the first artists to knock on her door.

Diane explained to me that she had been working on the closing of her store for awhile. Her first thought was to close the shop for the winter and then have the going out of business sale in the spring. However, when the DA Weekend came up she decided on the spur- of- the- moment to start the ball rolling. She sold many of her prints that she had matted and framed to show off her skills. Diane has all of her equipment for sale also.

Diane's expertise in selecting the right mat and frame will be sorely missed by me. I trusted her judgment completely and learned so much from her.

Gaylynn

Comments