Saying Good Bye

Watercolor     Pop's Garden     Private Collection


Nine days ago my father-in-law passed. He fought cancer and a bad heart for 15 months.  
He was a man that always had a joke or story to tell, candy for kids and pop to share.
He worked for GM as a welder for 31 years.
I painted this portrait of him working in his garden. His garden was his pride and joy.
Pop, along with his sons and grandsons, got his garden in.
As we harvest it we will think of him and remember
his love of family, his  humor, his work ethic, and his big smile.


Comments

Anonymous said…
What a wonderful way to remember your father-in-law. The painting is wonderful Gaylynn.

Prayers to your family in your loss.
Hmmm, not sure why it says anonymous, it was me, Nancy
I'm sorry about your father-in-law. My grandfather died recently and he always loved his garden as well.
Ok, seems my first comment didn't make it and then my second one did and it really doesn't make sense...

What I had said in my first comment was that your painting was a wonderful tribute to your father-in-law and that thoughts and prayers are being sent to you.

Blessings, Nancy